Do you suffer from mild to moderate depression, anxiety or anxiety related conditions?
If you’re aged 18+ you can now self-refer to access free support.
Learn more about the program.
Start Your OSP Referral NowGet Started
Start Your OSP Referral Now
I am making this referral for myself.
I am a health care provider making a referral on behalf of a patient.
Service Delivery Sites
All referrals begin at Health Sciences North as the lead agency and as the as a central access point for intake. Services are delivered through a number of partner agencies in sub-regions across the Northeast to keep care closer to home.
Care will be provided virtually or in-person.
More about the program
What is OSP?
The Ontario Structured Psychotherapy Program (OSP) is available to anyone 18+ years with mild to moderate depression, anxiety and anxietyrelated conditions.
OSP provides access to FREE, short-term, cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) and related services. CBT is a type of psychotherapy that teaches coping skills and techniques to help clients change the way they feel, think and act.
OSP services range from self-directed (with support from a coach or therapist) to weekly, one-on-one or group therapy.
What to expect?
Most individuals who are enrolled in OSP will start out with less clinician involvement. Individuals will be stepped up to higherintensity services if needed.
Once a referral is received, individuals will be booked for an intake appointment to determine if the program meets their needs, and to decide on a starting point. Program participants can move between these services based on need.
If you are unsure if this service is right for you, speak to your healthcare provider or contact us.
Types of Support
Support will range from self-led tools (with support from a coach) to weekly, one-on-one or group therapy sessions. Treatment is matched to the level of care that best meets your needs, in person or virtually.
- Guided self-help resources: The BounceBack program includes self-help workbooks based in CBT, and up to six coaching sessions provided by phone.
- Psychotherapy: Individual and/or group CBT sessions are delivered in person or online through video conference.
- CBT helps you look at how your thoughts, emotions and actions are related. You learn practical skills to reduce your symptoms, enhance your strengths, and improve your quality of life.
More about cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT)
CBT teaches practical lifelong skills such as:
- Being more aware of the impact your thoughts, attitudes, and beliefs have on your emotional and behavioural reactions
- Identifying and change thinking patterns that may be negative, inaccurate and contribute to your depression or anxiety
- Changing unhelpful behaviours such as avoidance, and using problem solving skills to manage challenging situations.
Preparing For Your Appointment
If you have been scheduled for an intake appointment with OSP we ask that you review the information on the link below to better understand what to expect for your upcoming appointments.
View Information to prepare for your appointment.
Start your OSP referral now
You can also self-refer by calling toll-free: 1-833-49NEOSP (1-833-496-3677) If you are unsure if this service is for you, speak to your health care provider or give us a call.
Part of the Northeastern Ontario Structured Psychotherapy Program through Health Sciences North.
The expansion of OSP will help to close critical gaps in service providing care closer to home that previously was not available to patients. HSN has partnered with agencies across the region to increase access to this program and is committed to expanding access to structured psychotherapy across Northeastern Ontario.